Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back from Surreality.

Yup...I felt like I was in the twilight zone pretty much all weekend.
I did my job as a roadie for Eric and the band. The destination? California City, Ca.

According to the locals, Cal city is the third largest city in Ca. How is it you may have never heard of such a large city? Easy, because it is third largest in square miles, and there are a lot of empty miles in there. The actual population is about 8,300. It was strange, you would leave the "downtown" section. You would go out into the desert and there would be intersections that would just go off into nowhere. The city has roads planned but obviously no need to put those roads in. You could go about 5 miles and see a grouping of houses then nothing again.

We said about 10 miles from *ahem* city center at a place called the Silver Saddle resort. It was a nice place with greenery all around. You had pools, a mini golf course, shooting range and horse rides. The guitarist for the band said that it was supposed to be from the "wild west." My response was that we know there was many a time that there was a dispute settled on a put-put course. :)

Anyway we had to put on the show Saturday. It was a pleasant evening but it cooled off quickly there. I was caught without a jacket but survived. The show was fun but things got a little crazy with everybody crowding the stage. I think they may want to hire someone to keep the audience back just a bit.

Anyway I am back at home and relaxing before work hits me upside the head tomorrow.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Welcome back ;)

Laurie said...

Yay!!

That's so cool that you're still helping Eric out on the road to fame. :) You're a loyal friend.

Unknown said...

Thanks...on top of that, I am learning quite a bit on how to mix sound. I love that.

ShaBANG said...

You're playing a feaking ROADIE???? I'm soo Jealous! I've always wanted my whole life to be a roady.

*sigh*

Go ahead.... tell us all the "back stage" details!!!!

Unknown said...

I was able to grab some pizza slices backstage of the SheDaisy concert. Oh yea...and some Coke. :)

Jason Randall said...

Cal City is a joke! Ha! The wifey used to work out there... Her job is to go to EVERY real estate office in town. Says it takes her 45 minutes, then off to another town!