Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Miracle of Life

The New Family (5) About a week ago, my friend's yellow lab had pups.  It was amazing to see these little guys.  It was the mother's first litter and we figured/knew there was going to be complications.  The amazing part?  No complications what so ever and even know it is her first litter, she has taken to the part like she was an old hand.  She was caring for each pup and so far, all are healthy and being watched over by a doting mother.  I need to get over there to see how they are doing and how they are growing.  It is just amazing to see.  My goal is to get a picture with a whole litter of pups jumping all over me.

 

IMG_0072 Not to be out done, my fish decided to commit parenthood also.  The funny part is that I had no idea about this till a week ago when I saw this little guy some swimming out of the this wooded alcove that the fish built up.  I haven't seen any other besides this one so I am quite thrilled and a tad bit confused.  I thought the fish I had weren't compatible for breeding.  I was wrong.  Last set of fish I had were convicts and when they breed.  There is a BUNCH and it looks like a little cloud in the tank.  It was fun watching them grow but it put the other fish under a lot a stress and the convicts are a VERY protective species when it comes to their young.  Just to give you a frame of reference the rocks you see in this picture are no larger that little pebbles you would find in a creek.  He is about 1/4 of an inch long.  He is getting braver and will swim out of the alcove but not to far.  He is smart enough to stay close by so he doesn't get eaten.  Sad part is even my fish are having a better time than I am. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the fish are having a better time than you....maybe you should do something about that....

When opportunity knocks....answer the door silly.

:P

Mary Jane said...

Puppies and fish!! Now you need to blog about rainbows. ; )

Teri Le said...

Awwww, those puppies are ADORABLE!!! I wanna female black one, will you deliver to Washington???

We have fancy guppies that have bred too - sneaky buggers