Saturday, November 04, 2006

The power of Music

This is another part of the post that I had written earlier about my friend's song "The Dash."
Thanks to the Fly Lady, his CD has gotten around and he has had a lot of feedback. Last night he opened up for Diamond Rio. It was a good concert and doing his part he related a story about "The Dash".
There was a lady in NY that had lost her son in a helicopter in Iraq. I guess she had been feeling awful about that but heard the song. It moved her. She wrote to Eric and said that the song had helped her in many ways to heal. I guess she said that it even gave her back her reason to live. She even sent him a Memorial Dog Tag that the military had given her asking Eric if he would wear it. He did and then dedicated the song to her and her son.
That just help reaffirm how powerful music is. It is a great comfort and I am proud to know someone that was able to help another person through a trial.

3 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

hee hee... Awww... FlyLady.

ShaBANG said...

this reminds me of the two head stones i found in the cemetery that's posted on my blog: "Native american, no name, no date" and "Afro American Woman, no name, no date." On their memorial marker's. they dont even have a date or a dash. Yet I am So very curious about them. I'm going to try and research to see what i can find.

Unknown said...

I am anxious to hear what you find.