Sunday, October 29, 2006

Nada en particular

It was a fun weekend. I didn't do anything life threatening but it did pick up the heart beat.
Friday, I was asked to work the sound for my friend while he was doing a singles dance in town. I was hesitant because I really don't know anything about that thing. There has to be over 100 dials on that board and I don't even know which one controls the dang volume. Anyway as the time gets closer, he gets the dreaded stomach flu. It has been making the rounds down here. I don't know why but I know a lot of people that have come down with it.
Since he wasn't able to show up, the rest of the band was there and trying to figure out who was going to do what. I just went about plugging everything in. I even made a comment that I didn't realize how bad it was till after it came out of my mouth. I won't mention it here but if you want to know, email me.
Anyway it was the mid singles LDS dance. That in itself is a train wreck and the band didn't help. At one point they were doing the "Bunny Hop". Frightful stuff.
After that we cleaned everything up and I went home to detox from that.
Saturday, my Mom called. She was coming up to pick some stuff up for my stepfather who was running a concession stand in Mesquite. I went around with her to pick the stuff up. It is always a good day when I can spend time with my Mom. We just chatted and did errands. I had a blast. We went out to my Grandparents place and got them flowers. It was their 62ND wedding anniversary. My Grandpa was cracking jokes that some people didn't even live that long. He has a great sense of humor.
Today, my friend was feeling a little bit better so we went for a drive. We went up Browse Creek. There is a Redwood tree up there and it a nice place for a warm Sunday afternoon. We made it up part way but came to a quick end. The road had been washed out by a flash flood. It looked like it was a powerful flood because of where the culvert ended up below. We hiked around trying to figure out an alternate trail. We found a small road cut into the mountain but it wasn't suited for anything larger than a Jeep. Most likely a 4 wheeler would be the best. It never ceases to amaze me how nature can come up and just change everything.
Anyway it is a slow night tonight so I think I will read a book then hit the sack.

1 comment:

ShaBANG said...

Dont you sometimes love those easy uneventful weekends of just every day life? I have this vision of you crackin up listening to Grandpa crack jokes.

We miss alot when we use the simplicity of life.