Sunday, August 12, 2007

I feel like such a redneck

I am hoping to get a picture up soon but last night I went to the Washington County Fair. It was a blast. I was able to get in to the Demolition Derby. Nothing like watching a bunch of old cars smash into each other. Besides it is even more fun to see true redneck watching the thing.
They had a couple of heats to start things out. Several cars didn't last long at all. The impact were bone rattling but worth it for me.
During the derby, they had a rock climbing competition. The coarse was set up with two telephone poles, then a space of 10 feet then you had a 20 ft long pile of boulders about 4 ft high then another 10 ft of space finished by two more telephone poles. The competition was to get over the whole track the least amount of time possible. They had several Jeeps that tried it. One actually hit the rock pile and basically jumped onto the pile. He lost his drive line but one the contest. There was another Jeep that lost a tire and came in second. Yet another Jeep pick up got up on the pile only to roll, get back up and try it again. My personal favorite was a Ford Explorer that looked like it had been in a pretty bad roll over. He hit the telephone poles, caught air and smashed head first into the pile of rocks. He promptly left. We figure he had a nice case of whiplash. I should feel bad but I don't. I just couldn't stop laughing and wanted him to try it again.
After that, there was a really nice firework display. The nice part was there was a thunderstorm in the back ground. Not to bad to finish off the weekend.

1 comment:

ShaBANG said...

DUDE! you did demolition Derby! OH MAN! I've always wanted to jump in a car and crash the heck out of some other people. It sounds absolutely "redneckishly ghetto fabulous!" Did you get pics? I would love to see it. Man, I hope someone "you tubed" it or spike TV Got ahold of it. That would be BONUS AWESOME!

*hugs*