Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rocks longest soap opera lives on.

When I first heard that David Lee Roth was to join Van Halen, I just about fell over. I thought to myself, this will be one kick ass concert!! I love the stuff the original members did, all the way from Atomic punk to Jump. Even with the synthesizers they were the best. Little did I know it wasn't going to be the original Van Halen. They seem to have forgotten one: Michael Anthony.

How could you decide that it would be Van Halen without him. I know when they toured with Sammy Hagar, I heard the argument that it wasn't Van Halen, rather Van Hagar. I understood their point of view but I still loved the band. Even the tour they did a couple of years ago I loved. But to replace an original member with your 16 year old son? What is this? The "Van Halen family values tour" with DLR just tagging along for fun? Don't label this as a reunion unless it has ALL the members the band.
Why isn't Michael Anthony along this time? Possibly because he has toured with Sammy Hagar? I wouldn't have blamed him one bit. At least he wasn't sitting on his butt before going to rehab.

To add insult to injury, the only members of Van Halen to show up at the Rock 'n' Roll hall of fame was the two members not going out on tour this time around. That is pathetic!!!

Eddie!! Pull your head out, get over the bitterness and make it an actual reunion tour with Michael. If you don't want Sammy around. That is cool. I can understand that also but give the fans,like me, a memory to really savor. As it is right now, I have no interest in going to any of the shows.

3 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

UNCOOL. What a disappointment.

Anonymous said...

wow! I love Van Halen... prefered the original band (I even smoked a joint with DLR at their concert in 1984...)
I have heard Wolfie play.. he is quite qwesome... but I do wonder why Marc isn't touring with them.

Anonymous said...

ok so I really should read my comments before I leave them... wolfie is awesome not qwesome... and I meant Mike not Marc...geez that's what I get for hanging out with Tami last night!