Saturday, March 01, 2008

I must come from a tough family.

About a month a ago my grandmother fell and broke her hip. It was scary and sad at the same time. They took her in a couple of days later to operate on the hip and put a clamp on the hip. It was a success.
She is doing well. She is at the rehab center now. My grandfather spends the day over there to be with her. He has held up well with all of this. I feel bad for him but he loves her so much.
Today, she did take about 50 steps with the help of a walker. I am so happy to hear that. I have been told that for someone over 80, a breakage in the hip is something major. I just keep my finger crossed and pray a lot.
I just hope I can be a strong as she.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You only keep one finger crossed??? How do you do that? Ü

Unknown said...

Sheesh. Everybody is a critic. :P