Sunday, January 28, 2007

Better weather, time to get out.

Today was a gorgeous day. It was almost 60 degrees here in town and when it gets that nice, it is time to go out and play.
Last night my friend and I were talking about going fishing. I was all for it. He wondered if it would be to cold up higher but I figured as nice as it is here, up higher wouldn't be that bad.
We took off with some firewood to make a day of it. We started off to Baker Dam. It is a little dam about 20 miles north of here. It is a pretty place and a tad bitter cooler.
We get up there and it isn't too bad. About 43 degrees but with the sun, it was downright toasty. The problem? The lake was frozen over but it didn't look like it would support ice fishing. Besides I NEVER thought that ice fishing would be fun. We decided to enjoy the firewood anyway and had a nice little fire and kicked back. After the wood burned out, we headed back into town. It was still early afternoon and it was either do something else or take a nap.
We decided to grab a GPS unit and do a couple of geocaches. We had a couple printed out and took off. The first one was easy and kind of disappointing. The second? That was more challenging. It was located just north of town in a wash. It was a challenge to get to because it was situated on the side of a steep incline. We got to it and checked it out. On the way back out, I ended up sliding down the incline on my hands, hip and knee. The body part that took the most damage? My knee. It isn't bad but it is plenty sore. I am hoping the ibuprofen will kick in soon.
I am sore but it is nice to get out and play. It is great stress relief.
Update on my Grandparents:
They are BOTH out of the hospital and in a rehab clinic. They are both doing well and they are happy and healthy. That is great news for everybody.
I have more but if I started, I would be rambling so I will get back here tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUCH! Sounds like you had a good time but at such a cost. I was in pain just picturing it.