Sunday, January 14, 2007

Kind of cold, isn't it?

Ok. So we were supposed to get this big storm last Thrusday. It was supposed to lay down 3 inches here in St. George. That would have been something considering how much snow we usually get. I didn't believe it because it has been a really dry winter here but at the same time, I had hoped because this area is really beautiful when it does snow. Friday came and the warnings where all posted. And the weather? It was cloudy but that was about it. Saturday, the still had warnings still posted. The weather? I saw about three or four flakes but nothing else. It laid an egg, just like the rest of the winter. I have to say that I am really disappointed.
Anyway Saturday night, I was invited to a bonfire. It was at a town north of here called Leeds. We went up there and it was COLD, like 10 degrees cold. We were freezing anything that could be frozen.
We helped start the fire. It help but there was a stiff north wind blowing. It didn't help the heat radiating from the fire. We would throw on a bunch a pallets and it would get really hot if you were facing the fire but the part that wasn't facing the fire would be frozen.
After a while the bonfire kind of felt like a church dance. I didn't feel comfortable at all. So we left and went to my friends house where will warmed up, hung out and played cards. Now that was good times.

5 comments:

ShaBANG said...

10 degrees?? It was 10 degrees?? I was in Ogden where it was 6 degrees, and now I'm in freakin provo where I just saw something registered at -6 degree. I'm thinkin it's the wind factor... and since it's blowing out side..... it's freaking -6 degrees.


Why is Utah so freaking cold... DID HELL JUST FREEZE OVER... and no one gave us the memo?

Anonymous said...

I really like that you thought it felt like a church dance.

I am ready for some warm weather!

ADDollhouse said...

I have never really thought of Leeds as an actual TOWN, but I have burned stuff there, too...

hee hee hee...

But sorry it felt like a church dance. A perfect description of a place I don't want to be. Besides the fact that right now I choose to remain INSIDE at all times. I am only in Orem. It is NOT supposed to be this cold here, I swear. Aren't people complaining about Global WARMING nowadays? Because really, I would just not go to ANYTHING that was held outside. I thought my lungs would freeze today walking through the Smith's parking lot.

Unknown said...

Seriously...this cold thingy bites.

ShaBANG said...

.... and stings