Monday, January 29, 2007

My rant on Washington County

OK. Bare with me on this. I don't get political but there are times that two plus two equals one. For me, this is one of those times.

This weekend on our trip up to Baker Dam, I saw something that disturbs me. Along the side of the road, they have a paved trail for joggers, bikers, and anybody that wants to walk. It is a good stretch of trail from Snows Canyon on down, until now. The powers that be are letting it go to waste so that you can get another housing development in. Are they going to rebuild it? I don't know.

In the same vein, there are several of these trails around town. I like the idea and a lot of people use them. The sad part is a couple of years ago, we had the big flood come down both the Santa Clara and the Virgin Rivers. It destroyed the trails along with other property. What is the city/county doing? They are building new trails but seemingly leaving the damaged trails untouched. It would seem to me that you would want to rebuild that which was destroyed before building more. Yes they may be in unprotected parts but the reality of the river flooding like that bad is remote at best. I just don't know and can't see the logic in it.

1 comment:

Kristy Mouti said...

Bare with you? Ok!