Saturday, October 14, 2006

Yogurt and Propel

That has been how I spent my last two days. I get up on Friday and head off to work. I get there and I start not feeling right. Come to find out, I have a nasty stomach flu working. I spend about an hour there but I realize there was no way in hell I was staying the rest of the day.
I head home and I only get sicker. It gets downright ugly. I can't keep anything down. I get a friend to get me the yogurt and propel since I can't keep solid foods down and I was getting really dehydrated. I started to feel a little better last night and I sleep off an on through the night.
Today I am feeling a little bit better and a tad bit stronger. I am still keeping myself on softer foods but the bright side I am keeping it down.
I guess it is good timing cause I was able to rest today and I will rest tomorrow and then deal with the rest of the week as it comes. I am just thankful for friends that were willing to help me out even though they didn't want to come in the house and catch whatever I had.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Ugh! Stomach flu is the worst. Worst of the worst. In fact, it feels a LOT like pregnancy. Hehe... But at least I got a baby out of it. Not that you'd want to go that route right now....

I hope you feel better soon, Glen.

ADDollhouse said...

Eeeeew... I really REALLY feel for you. Though I gotta say, I love Propel.

However, I actually read it at yogurt and Pope and was hoping it was the start of a good joke.

ShaBANG said...

Lauri and Kippy, y'all are crazy.
Stomach flu, huh.
Can i just say... that is some nasssssssssstttttaaaaaayyyy stuff!
I would actually rather be pregnant than have stomach flu, any time, any day.
Mama always gave us:
Ginger ale to settle the stomach
crackers to soak up the stomach acids and build up lose bowels
Banana's to plug and build up the bowels.

Works like a cork! :)

Hope you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

Feeling better. I tried to make it to work but I only survived a couple of hours before I looked and felt like I was about to pass out. Oh well. I guess I will try again tomorrow.

Jesse Harris said...

Propel? Give me Gatorade any day over that stuff. Which is funny, since they're made by the same company and all (I think).

I can feel for you on the flu. It's the only bug that makes me miss work.